Exterior Renovation Includes:
There are many aspects of exterior renovation that must be considered by homeowners when preparing to have this type of work performed. A wide range of exterior renovation services including everything from foundation work to gutter cleaning and lawn irrigation requires the right professional. In addition, deck restoration and concrete installation as well as decorative stonework must all be carefully considered prior to hiring contractors to do this type of work. Today more than ever before homeowners are demanding the very best in quality customer services and fair pricing when hiring home improvement professionals, home services providers and general contractors.
Barfield Contracting is a highly regarded resource for one of the best in carefully reviewed construction professionals, home improvement experts and home services providers in Central Florida. From window installers to roofers and electricians as well as plumbers and legal professionals, Barfield Contracting is a top choice among those wishing to protect their home or business by hiring the right professionals.
- Fascia (vertical facing out) boards and soffits (horizontal underneath overhang) are just below the roof line. If the flashing installed under the lowest row of shingles wasn’t installed correctly, water will get under the shingles. When fascia and soffits are made of wood, painting promptly will prevent the wood from absorbing water which causes wood rot.
- Gutters and downspouts may need cleaning and/or repairs in late spring after the trees are green.
- Siding and trim, like corner boards, must be secure and in good condition. Wood siding and/trim needs to be painted to prevent water damage and other materials may need special care like power washing vinyl siding.
- Windows and doors may need maintenance, especially when made of wood (remember painting is about protecting the wood). More often though, you need to check the caulking that seals gaps where they meet your home’s siding. And most wood rot occurs where there’s water … on window sills, door thresholds & the vertical kickplate just below a door.
- Foundation is where water can get into your basement, crawlspace or slab. The point is concrete is porous and water does come through unless you direct the water away from your house.
- Decks, porches and stairs need different maintenance depending on the materials they’re made from, with wood requiring the most consistent care to reach it’s estimated lifetime of 20 years.
- Sidewalks and driveways may have holes and cracks which could cause accidents.
- Windows might need a cleaning and again, you might want to hire someone to do the second floor if your windows don’t tilt.
- Mailboxes often taking a beating where there’s snow, so it’s one more item on our exterior home maintenance.
- Lawn care might mean getting your lawn mower serviced or arranging for professional lawn care.
- Irrigation systems need to be tested to make sure they’re ready for the growing season.
- Yard clean-up includes cleaning up fallen branches and/or trimming trees and bushes, and adding mulch.
- Pool and air conditioning systems aren’t needed yet so beat the summer rush and take care of these early!